Sunday, December 13, 2009

4 Nov 2009 God bless me?????





4 Nov 2009
Sonoma City - Greenbrae 34.4 miles (55 km)
in the morning the Mexican family let me go to their house have some coffee and I gave a call to George, his mom answered the phone said no problem tonight I can stay at their house.
At afternoon when I got to a small town about 15 miles to Greenbrae, my rear tire went flat again, this time it is so terrible. Rear tire totally pinched, and had a big bubble in it. I started repairing tire, meantime two suited gentlemen suddenly came and asked me if I needed help or not, I said I am fine just repairing my bike, but they did not leave and asked me where I am heading to. I told them Greenbrae, later they brought an Ipod and showed me how many miles farther. I am very curious who they are. They said they are Morman! This is my first time hearing about Mormans, I really had no idea about them. Then they introduced their religion and they prayed for me! When they left they gave me a book "The Book of Morman" in Chinese! They brought a lot of different language editions with them! After I met them my tire did not get flat and when I arrived in San Rafael I saw a bike shop named Mike's Bikes, I know I have to change a tire even though tomorrow I might get a lot more flats. But the tires price is really expensive, the cheapest one is $ 29 and the most expensive one is $ 69.99! I looked a long time and talked with the staff, then one guy said to me Mike's Bike could sponsor me two new tires and tubes! what good news! Also they sponsored me another bottle and bottle rack and a rear light! Thanks a lot!

Mike's Bike: http://mikesbikes.com/

When I got back to Goerge's house it was already dark, they prepared for me a good turkey dinner thanks!












































































































No comments:

Post a Comment