Sunday, December 13, 2009

24 Nov - 29 2009 California Hotel!

Nov - 29 2009 California Hotel!
El Capitan SB - Santa Barbara 21.2 miles (34 km)
I stayed in Santa Barbara almost 1 week just because of the California hotel, same as the lyrics says: you can check out anytime, but you never leave!

I got in a hostel named tourist hostel, not so far from the beach. the staff are all backpackers! they love it here and got a job here so they could stay longer, but I can not get a job, because my visa is B2: tourist visa.

I can not get a job here, but I have another way to get money: sell my paintings. Santa Barbara is an art town, a lot of galleries and a big musuem, more amazing is that during this time, there is a Chinese ancient exibition: (NAME), the tomb is really famous in China, every Chinese knows it, we studied at school, but today it is here! I sold my paintings for 4 days, per day at least $ 50, one day I got $ 64! The hostel's staff said to me that I earned more than them per day. Of course I need to pay the dorm at hostel, so it means per day about $ 30 income, anyway it is not so bad.

At Thanksgiving night at hostel we held a party, a Dutch and German couple who just got married, they are both musicians, I really had a wonderul night with them and the staff and other guests from all over the world! I tried to play a Chinese song on the guitar, not so bad, everybody had good memories from Santa Barbara.
Snake!


















Chinese tomb


















Tourist Hostel



























Thanksgiving!













German and Dutch couple!













Apple to Apple


















Out of Afghaniraq





































Where I sell my paintings














































Who bought my paintings


















Who bought my paintings













Who bought my paintings




















































































Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment