Sunday, December 13, 2009

10 Nov 2009

10 Nov 2009
New Brighton State Beach - Watsonville 27 miles (39.4 km)

When I got up, the first thing I was looking for was the can, but it disapeared, I thought Mr raccoon was pretty happy last night. From New Brighton State Beach to get on the right way was pretty hard, I got lost a couple of times. When I passed by an academy two suited Asia men stopped me, because they saw my Chinese flag in front of my bike. They are also Chinese, from an English school in Shandong Province in China! And another lady was with them Ms Li who lives at Watsonville, not very far from there, she said tonight I can stay at her apartment! Such a good thing, and finally they donated to me $ 40! Li gave me her address, when I got in Watsonville I met an old man named Mr Stijepo, he told me when he was my age he also rode a bike across America! What an amazing man! When I almost got in Ms Li's house, Stijepo drove a car and came to see me and gave me a very valuble gift: a page pf 1920-1930s Chinese stamps!! Thanks! Ms Li's husband graduated from Peking University where is just close to my university in Beijing!
New Brighton State Beach





































Two Chinese men from Shandong province, China



























Mr Stijepo


















Watsonville


















No comments:

Post a Comment