Sunday, December 13, 2009

1 Dec 2009 McGrath SP - L.A

1 Dec 2009
McGrath SP - L.A 61.2 miles (98 km)
The eariest day I started, at 6:50 am. Passed by an air force park, a lot of air craft and missles for show. In Malibu I got lost again, met a truck driver, he used his GPS directions for me, tonight I want to stay at a friend's home I met in Big Sur, but his phone never answers. He gave me his address, so I will try to go to his house. The driver said Malibu is a very rich town because a lot of Hollywood movie stars live here. But I can not stay here longer waiting for any movie stars. At the border of Santa Monica and L.A, I stoped to take a photo, two girls asked me where I am heading, I told them my friend's address. one girl named Ann, she and her husband also like cycling, but only small tours. They invited me to come back to their home to give a call to my friend I met in Big Sur. When I got to their house I gave my friend a call, but same as before no answer, then they said I could stay at their house one night! Ann's husband Maarten is Dutch, I think Dutch like riding their bikes the most. Ann's sister told me an amazing story, but now I am not sure if it is right or not, if it is right, it proves again: the world itself is so small. Ann's sister said about 2000 - 2001, she was in Guademala,and met a Japanese biker who was there to study in Spanish. Another idol of mine is a Japanese biker who rode a bike from Alaska to Agentina, then Europe, Afria, Asia,9 years total! I think when Ann's sister was in Guademala the Japanese biker was there at the same time, but now I am not so sure, when I go back to Beijing I must check his book I bought! If it is ture, it must be an another wonderful story!
How many states in America?










































































Where I met Ann and her sister




























































No comments:

Post a Comment