Friday, December 11, 2009

28 Oct 2009 Bodega Bay - Guerneville

28 Oct 2009
Bodega Bay - Guerneville 26 miles (41.9 km)

The California head wind is too strong. It blows from north to south in winter time. Sometimes the wind almost blew me down from my bike! When you ride downhill you had to pedal a lot to increase the speed, and when you were uphill all you can do is just push it.

A couple of miles after leaving from Bodega Bay I saw the sign of Bodega Dune where Chen Huai and I planned to meet the other day. I got into the wrong park. At the entrance of Coast State Park, I met a Swiss Lama! She is from Lucern Switzerland where I have been to at the beginning of this year. She gave me a cup of colorful rice and said when I go to bed I could sleep with the rice as it could refresh me a lot the next morning, thanks! Is this a Tibetan custom? I never heard about this in Tibet.

From Coast State Park I changed my route, heading to the inside of Russian River a little to dodge the terrible California head wind. Followed Russian River is so comfortable. There is a valley so no wind any more. But this afternoon the rear tire was flat again and again, because the rear tube is larger than the tire so the tire is getting pinched. When I got to Guerneville it was almost dark, I can not get any campground, the local homeless told me there is a small park I could camp but illegal. I have no choice. At night, when I put up my tent already, more than 10 teenagers came to here just drink beer, smoke cigarettes and weed, because they are under 21 years old. In America Under-21s can't drink and smoke. We talked a lot, including everything what they want to know about China and I want to know about America. It was so great! They said to me my English is better than the local Mexican, but this is my fist time in an English speaking country! Ha ha. Because of the dark I can not see their faces so clearly, but I remember this night forever. When they left, suddenly the park became so silent. I felt a little bit scared and during the night I heard people fight on the bridge and terrible screaming from a woman. It sounded like she was being raped, but all I could do was just hope they do not come here......
Swiss bikers





































Swiss Lama
































Duncans Mills













Duncans Mills

No comments:

Post a Comment