Wednesday, January 13, 2010

6th Jan 2010 Inaja - Cosmit Indian Res Picnic Ground - Tamarisk Grove Campground 40.2 KM

6 Jan 2010 Inaja - Cosmit Indian Res Picnic Ground - Tamarisk Grove Campground 40.2 KM
I ran out of water last night, and this picnic ground does not have a water supply, from here to Julian is about a 9.2 km climb, I stopped at a small shop and bought a can of cola before Julian. Julian is a small town over 4000 ft, I'm almost out of fuel, but I cannot find the right style fuel for my stove. Omar, the crazy guy I met in San Diego that's riding a skateboard across America, taught me how to make a stove just by using two Cola cans and Denatured Alcohol as fuel! Luckily I found the Alcohol in Julian! The road from Julian is downhill all the way about 20 km, then I got into the real desert! The area called Anza - Borrego Desert State Park. It is a huge park, my map does not show there are any camp grounds, but east of Julian about 40.2 km there is one named Tamarisk Grove Campground but it was closed. I met the host and he said I could camp there! Tonight I cooked with the Denatured Alcohol stove that Omar taught me how to make, it is really awesome!!!! believe me!








No comments:

Post a Comment