Friday, January 29, 2010

26 Jan 2010 out of Peeples Valley - Prescott 48.3 KM

26 Jan 2010 out of Peeples Valley - Prescott 48.3 KM
In the morning I heard the wired sounds again and I went out of tent with my mace, but I did not see anyting! but the sound is really closed too me, it is so so so wired!
Tufa Bar is the junction of 89 and Route 15, a very small town, I went to a ranch asking water, the worker told me about 8 years ago there was a bar named Tufa Bar where is the house the ranch own now. Route 15 is really nice for cycling and the road itself is pretty flat to Kirkland. In Kirland I went into post office asking date stamp. From Kirkland to Skull Valley turn into Route 10, in Skull Valley I went into post office again, and both of these two post office I gave the host Phil in Prescott calls, but no answers. Anyway I need to get into Prescott today at least. Skull Valley is a little bit bloody for me, and it dose! long time ago there are so many Indians fight with white people, and then of course a lot of people dead and left their skulls a lot. Their has a museum, I think maybe it has a lot of skulls, but I did not go, because I need save my time to Prescott.
From Skull Valley to Prescott is still on Route 10, but started climbing! It is not so terrible as I thought, but last night I did not sleep well because of the unknow wild animals, so it was a little bit hard for me. When I saw a sign 6014 feet, I am very happy, because the sign with hightitude it means there is the highest pass! But it is not.... After this sign downhill about 1800 feet climbed again! Though it just 1700 feet, but why the sign is not at the highest pass??
Anyway after that it is a real downhill to Prescott. Passed a corner suddenly the landscape became snow mountians! It comes too suddenly, I did not have any preparations! Just a couple of minutes before I was still in the desert! Futher more is a .... and a huge huge mountain! I almost cried there, everything got me as stoned! The last similar feeling I got I think is the first time I saw the real snow mountain in Bai Mang, Yunnan, China, exectly it is a Tibetan area. I was on bike with Kazumoto who is a Japanese biker was aroung Aisa aready 5 years. I am so happy.
I rode again and when I stopped to take photo a car stopped behind me, he is the host Phil! he said he corncerned about me, so dorve the car to look for me. thanks! Tonight Phil tread me a big dinner! Thanks again. Phil said tomorrow should be rain again, so I can stay his apartment one more night, why not? haha









No comments:

Post a Comment