Wednesday, January 13, 2010

10th Jan 2010 Free Dry Camping Site - Blythe 112 KM

10 Jan 2010 Free Dry Camping Site - Blythe 112 KM
In the morning the first thing was I went to the market and got some supplies, water, food etc. Heading to East got a little bit headwind, not so bad as I got in Bodega Bay where I was north of SFO. I-10 was pretty good, big shoulder except for the terrible traffic. After I had lunch, a bad mood coming,it was the rear tire it had the same problem as before, and this time more terrible: the rear wheel touching the rack! I tried to fix it, but at least one side of if must touch the rack, I have no choice, I must keep going! But one thing was pretty neat! I found a thing I really wanted to get in California: a license plate of California! The gods gave me one when I almost left there! aaha
I did not plan tonight stay in Blythe, because tomorrow morning I wanted to enter into Arizona. Now I have to changed my plans, even though I do not have any detail plans. I got a telephone number for the web site named Warm Showers which is a way bikers help each others. I want to give a call to the host in Blythe but I could not find any telephones except the Call Box, and I can not stop any cars that passed by me, they were so fast! To desert Center about 30 KM, and almost dark, I got to a rest area where it was close to the State prison, there was a huge sign what said "DO NOT PICK UP HITCHHIKERS" I have to think about Prison Break. At the rest area where there was just a restroom, I met a motorcyclist Tom, he helped me call to the host in Blythe, the host said tonight I could stay, But I had to still ride more 20 miles in total dark. What I hoped was just do not get a flat! God blessed me and it was not flat again. When I got into Blythe, even thought it was almost 9 pm. This is my virgin Warm Showers, the host is a couple, Melissa and Robert, they have three big boys! They fed me dinner and I camped on the dock at the pond, they gave me a heater for keeping warm, thanks!












No comments:

Post a Comment