Friday, January 29, 2010

25 Jan 2010 Closed Rest Area - out of Peeples Valley 63.1 KM

25 Jan 2010 Closed Rest Area - out of Peeples Valley 63.1 KM
In the morning boiled instant coffee for breakfast, then my tire got flat again, I do not know why, this is not the first time, when I was pedaling on the way the tires were good, but when I have a rest and put it nearby me, then it got flat!!!! Spent about 20 minutes to repair it, after I left about 1 mile from the closed rest area I felt today is very easy: I forgot my backpack at the rest area!!!!!!!!!! Then I came back to take it, futurenatellly it was still there....
Got into Wickenberg but I did not get into the downtown, my map shows I sould pass the downtown just follow the 60! Why I did not? I got the wrong way? I am sure I am not, because I got the junction of 60 and 93! the map wrong?! Anyway then I took on the 93 headed to Congress, from Congress there is a long and steep climbing to Yarnell. When I got Yarnell was almost dark, I went to a grocery asking water, the waitress is very nice, she told me from after Peeples Valley about a couple of miles I could get in a Junction named Tufa Bar, from there the best way is not cuntinuing to follow the 89, because it is so steep! She told me I should take Route 15 then to Route 10 to Prescott. On the map the 15 + 10 is longer than 89 a lot, but it is not ture, because 89 has a lot of curve and it is extramly steep to Prescott! Thanks! I beleive local people than map, because they know the local road better than the map, and upto now I found to wrong on my American map, one is in California on the map there are two campground in Big Sur it signed opposite! and just yesterday the way I passed the miles it is signed wrong distance!
Passed Peeples Valley a couple of miles, I camped out of 89, hided into a steel fence. at night started a little bit wind, and then I heard some wild animals snarl!!!! I do not know what they are, firstly I thought it should be cayote, but I saw cayote in the desert of Calrfonia, I totally know their sounds, and I know cayotes are not come to the human's place.The sounds themselves are similar between dogs and monkeys or birds! It was so wired! I have no idea what are them and how far they were from me, I just hold my Bear Mace in case!








No comments:

Post a Comment