Wednesday, January 13, 2010

5th Jan 2010 Camping site - Inaja - Cosmit Indian Res Picnic Ground 39.5 KM

5 Jan 2010 Camping site - Inaja - Cosmit Indian Res Picnic Ground 39.5 KM
From getting no sleep last night it made today really hard. This morning just a 0.8 km climb and then a downhill ride to Ramona, but on the way I caught a big framing nail in my tire! My tire immediately went flat with a distinct sound of hissing , so I had to stop and repair it which only took about 10 minutes. In Ramona I stopped for lunch at a Taco shop. Then the 78 from Ramona to Julian slightly climbed again for 3000 feet! In Santa Ysabel, 7 miles west of Julian, I bought some food to cook tonight. I thought tonight I could pass Julian and find somewhere to sleep, but from Santa Ysabel to Julian the road is still uphill, it is not any steeper than before, but I was just so tired, just out of Santa Ysabel the way to Julian there is a picnic ground named Inaja-Cosmit Indian Res Picnic Ground, so I decided to camp there tonight. I tried to cook pork and vegetables. It was not so bad! I am becoming a good chef in America!





No comments:

Post a Comment