Friday, January 29, 2010

21 - 23 Jan 2010 more 3 days in Phoenix

21 Jan 2010 Phoenix
Today in Phoenix we got a big storm and even became to tonato! All the day was raning and strong wind! I can not leave and stayed at Zene & Dawn's home one more night. Last night, the whole night they helped me correcting my wrong English pronouciation about "L", "flat" I always speak "flight", so on the way people always can't understand me my tire got "flight". "L" is a really difficult word for Chinese to pronouce. Thanks for Zene & Dawn's help, now my "L" is better than before a lot, at least all the people they can understand what I said.

22 Jan 2010. Phoenix 23.1 KM
Today I didn't leave [Phoenix, just changed a place to stay: north of Phoenix, I thought it is easy to go to Grand Canyon on my way. Zene & Dawn sent me to Union Hill by their tandem they rode from Washionton to Mexico.
The second host is also a couple David & Erika, they have 4 kids! David is a house salesman, at afternoon he brought me to a house he sold, the price is similar to a small apartment in Beijing! But in Phoenix you could buy a big house with yard and garage! I think it is really radiculous, China's price is cheaper than America's a lot, but some very important things as HOUSES and CARS, in China are more expensive than America!
In China we learn about Ave and St are totally different words, teacher told us Ave is from north to south, St is from east to west, but when I pedaled in Phoenix it does not work, all the ROAD from north to south could be named both Ave and St.
David is a really nice man, I respect him so much, because the oldest dauther is not him but he loves her as his own dauther, I think this is not everybody could do as him. Could I say this is a capital "LOVE", my pronouciation "L" is better now, haha!
Their home has two dogs: a huge girl and a tiny guy. huge girl is so gental and the tiny guy is so meana~~.David told me last 48 hours the rain is same as the whole year of 2009!!!! it is terrible, a lot of streets are flooded! and some roads are closed.
In evening they treat me a dinner, we went to a restarant, I told them I met the Mormon Elders in San Rafael, California loudly, David told me Mormon they believe they dead and have their own planet and they are the gods of their planets! I am so exciting, meantime Erika mubbled to me the family behand us must be Mormon, because Phoenix is the second largest Mormon city to Salt City, Utah. I was so so so sorry about my loudy voice, I hope the Mormon family dose not mind me.
After dinner we went to the sport shop named Dick's. I do not know what feeling to American, but for me it is very funny, I understand DICK the word itself is from the slang, but David told me Dick is a short word for the name Richaadddd?????????????? In non-English speaking countries we have so many stupid and funny translation, when I was in San Diego with Julian, we laughed all the night about Engrish(more detail check: www.engrish.com). Now there - American soil a shop named DICK, it is so so so funny for me.
Anyway we went into Dick, it is so huge, not like a "dick", too my suprise, in America guns are sold in sport shop! it means play gun is a kind of sports in America, everybody holds guns to kill each other on the street? anyway there is so many guns and bullets, holy crazy! I found some ball guns for child playing, the different from really guns and toy guns is in front of toy guns have a red thing, it means this gun are toy not a real gun. but I think it is still have problem: if I bought a real gun and stike a red one in front of the real gun, it means this is a gun for children playing???!!

23 Jan 2010
Stayed with David's family one more day, this morning I went to restarant with the oldest dauther and her friends had breakfast, they asked me have you been to castle? castle? I really passed a castle named Hearst Castle which in San Simeon, CA. I think it is the only one in America, they mean this castle? OF course not they mean the Castle is aldult shop. It is so funny, when we went out of the restarant, at the opporsite a huge CASTLE is over there!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks~~
Then we went to Freeway bought tomatos and chicken wings, I want to cook dinner for them. At afternoon we went to play basketball, this is my first time play basketball in America, it was so awesome!
Tonight the cola - chicken wings was so succussful! hahaha. Erika gave me a pair of ear plug, thanks!









No comments:

Post a Comment