Friday, January 29, 2010

24 Jan 2010 Phoenix - rest area (Wickenberg) 71.9 km

24 Jan 2010 Phoenix - rest area (Wickenberg) 71.9 km
The real first day that heading to Grand Canyon! Say goodbye to them and Phoenix! thanks and see you nex time.
I did not take the I-17, I thought it should me as busy as I-10, and because of the last a couple of days rainning, a lot of roads closed, so it means the roads re-open, and it should be more cars and trucks transform the stuffs to Flagstaff by I-17, but this is just I guess.
I took 74 to 60 to Wickenberg. This road is longer than I-17 to Flagstaff where is the last city to Grand Canyon, but it is so nice, less traffic and good landscape and comfortable climbing, not so steep.
On 74, I met a man from the opposite direction walked and pull a ????? with a lot of empty bottles, firstly I thought he is a homeless, but then I thought he must be not, because from Wickenberg to Phoenix about 50 miles, a homeless for what? he should be a hiker! but when I thought this I passed him already, his face looks like a Japanese.
When I almost got the junction of 74 and 60, I met a biker from the other side, his name is Bjorndihle, from Alaska. So many days I did not meet bikers, we talked long time, he told me a girl named Jill Homer, I can Google her by "Up in Alaska", she would like talk with me about cycling in Tibet. Bjorndihle told me one more good information, he said when I get on 60 a couple of miles later, on the left side has a closed rest area, I can camp there, thanks! when I got the rest area was tottally dark, at night a train passed, is there a railway?!






No comments:

Post a Comment