Tuesday, February 16, 2010

6 - 12 Feb Fort Defaince! Navajo

I can not move any more, because my 3 rear spokes were broken! I just have one extra, and the most important thing is I can not remove ther dead one on the cassette side! I do not have the tool!
So I stayed in Fort Defaince about 1 week, just waiting for somebody could give me a push to Albuquerque where has bike shop. ( the closest town is Gallup, but there do not have a bike shop either!)

David worked at the local hospital, the first day I gave a speech to the teenagers with mental or psychological problems.

Fort Defaince is in the Navajo nation. Navajo is the biggest native American tribe in USA. They do have a lot of same cultures with Chinese, and some thing is really samilar, such as the fried bread, it is totally same with the breakfast in Beijing!
about Navajo:
1: In China we critised about American racism, I am already in America about 3 months, it is not so terrible than I thought, but you do have.
A: the Navajo do not have drinking water and paved road!
B: the Navajo do not have enough jobs.
2: Navajo do not allow the dogs go inside of house, it means unlucky. so in Navajo nation has a lot of homeless dogs!!!!
3: Navajo language is totally diferent from English, but they use English alphabet to spell.
4: Navajo language was used during the Second World War as American code, becuase the Japanese always easy to know what the American military was doing.
5: When a Navajo almost dead, the family would put he/she out, because it is a very unlucky thing a man dead at home! this is so so so Cruel...........
6: Everyday in the morning they hold a ceremony at Hogan, this is pretty neat!



No comments:

Post a Comment