Monday, February 15, 2010

4 Feb Flagstaff - Winslow - Exit 303

4 Feb Flagstaff - Winslow - Exit 303
Flagstaff - Winslow by car 60 miles (96 km)
Winslow - Exit 303 84.6 km

China has 3 different number of national highway: 100s means starts from Beijing; 200s means the routes are from north to south; 300s means the routes are from east to west. For example No.109 means from Beijing to Lhasa, 318 starts from Shanghai to Zhangmu, Tibet. Every country has their own route number. In America the most important route is Route 66, it Starts from Chicago to L.A, known as the Main Street of America or the Mother Road, about 2,448 miles (3,940 km)

On American atlas you can not find the sign of route 66, even in L.A or some important cities. The host in Flagstaff told me about the route 66's story. Now most 66's original route has covered by the new road, in Arizona it covered mostly by I-40 which was built during 1970s???? so the Route 66 now only partly and partly exist.

Today my host Brain and Ann dorve from Flagstaff to Winslow where is famous by the song "Taking it easy" by Eagles, "Well I am standing on a corner in Winslow, Arizona, and such a fine sight to see". Winslow is a very neat town, a typical west town and was booming by the 66 and getting famous by the song, but now when the I-40 built, Winslow is getting be worse, a lot of shops are colsed and there are not so many people any more.

Thanks Brain and Ann, but no insult :)

From Winslow I was coutinuing riding on I-40, I-40 is better than I-10 a lot, at least on the shoulder, there is not so much big truck's tires what is a killer to bike, because inside of the tire is so many wires!
Almost dark when I got at Exit 303 putting my reat light on, one guy drove a car come and let me stay at his home one night!!!! There named Painted Desert, nothing here but his home. his name is Freddie, his wife Lita cooked for me a good dinner, thanks! tonight I slept with two cars at garage, Freddie ture on the heat, thanks again! I found one of my rear spoke was broken and I can not remove it, because it is on the casette side! sucks!

























No comments:

Post a Comment