Saturday, March 13, 2010

7 Mar 2010, Van Horn - 2ed picnic area

7 Mar 2010, Van Horn - 2ed picnic area 84 km (52 miles)
Almost 11 am left Van Horn, today was still headwind, last night I sent an email to my host Liz in Alpine told her I could get in Alpine tonight, but it was impossible.
Out of Lobo met a couple bikers from the other way, they stayed with Liz, and they told me just in front of me about 20 miles is a German biker heading to Alpine.
Just before Valentine 2 miles, there is a Prada shop!!!! it is so so so stranger! in the middle of no where has a fashion shop! how wierd!
the road itself is not flat as I thought, and pretty windy, in Valentine I want to give a call to Liz tell her I can not arrive tonight, but there is nothing, only one gas station is closed, furtunatlly I found a tap to suplly my water.
Out of Valentine about 22 km , there is a picnic area, tonight camped there, just about 1 mile, there is a strange building looks like a airplane, what is this? and all the night is light. At night was so windy, so I put on my ear plug, I do not like put it on, because you can not know what happened outside, but the wind blew my tent was so so noisy. Then suddenly I felt earthquake! what happened??!! I took of my ear plug, wa! A train passed! this picnic area just located by a rail road! all the night 4 times!


















No comments:

Post a Comment